Thank you for ordering from Main Street Rag Publishing Company. Please find our shipping policies below:
1) All orders for books already in print ship the within the next 3 business days, often the next day. [Please Note: During the Covid-19 pandemic, this timeframe may vary.]
2) Single-book orders to ALL US locations ship USPS Media Mail.
3) Book orders of $100 or more are often upgraded to UPS Ground, but it depends on the size of the package and the destination.
4) Shipping costs are based on the price of shipping one book, USPS Media Mail and adjust based on the total amount of sale, not by number of books. As a result, the cost of shipping on a per book basis decreases as number of books ordered increases.
5) The Main Street Rag Online Bookstore does not offer express shipping. Orders that require expedited shipping must be placed by phone; however, due to robocall abuse we don’t answer our phone. Please email us and someone will answer within 8 hours either by email or by phone if you provide calling details. Contact: email@example.com
6) Advance Discount Orders (pre-sales), which appear on our Coming Soon Page, DO NOT ship the next business day. These books are specially priced for those who want to reserve a copy BEFORE the title goes to press. They will ship according to the date posted on the individual product/author page.
7) Main Street Rag is not responsible for order replacement or refund when a buyer provides an incorrect address or if the buyer moves between the time the order is placed and when the title ships without providing an updated shipping address–which can happen in the case of Advance Sales. In such cases, Main Street Rag will forward the returned book when it arrives, but only if the buyer pays the additional shipping costs. Media Mail Returns can take as long as 6 weeks.
8) Because we are not able to separate pre-sale titles (anything found on the Coming Soon Page) from in-print titles to apply separate shipping charges, if a buyer orders multiple titles at a time in combination with a pre-sale item, we must hold the entire order until the pre-sale item is in print. Because pre-sale items are released at different times, buying more than one at the same time (same shopping cart) will have the same result. We will hold the order until all titles are in print and ship them together–since only one shipping fee will have been charged. It is best to keep orders titles already in print separate from Advance Sale orders (pre-sales), unless you are not in a hurry to receive the books already in print.
1) Often our buyers know the author of the book they have ordered here. If an item doesn’t arrive when expected, their first reaction is often to contact the author–which is akin to calling Levi Strauss to know the status of a pair of jeans ordered online from Kohl’s. The author doesn’t handle sales or ship items, so that simply delays an answer.
2) Main Street Rag, like almost every other seller, does not respond to third party claims or queries. Claims must be made by the buyer, by email to the email address below to properly and efficiently track an order. We generally respond within 24 hours.
1) Books are only returnable for credit within 30 days of receipt.
2) Credit/Refunds are contingent on the reason for return.
3) Buyer should contact Main Street Rag prior to returning an item to discuss reason and method of return. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Damaged books need to be documented photographically–including the packaging.
2) Damaged packaging should be photographed prior to opening package. Carrier companies will not take responsibility for damages if a package has already been opened without documentation.
3) Photographs should be emailed to: email@example.com
The Main Street Rag Online Bookstore only calculates the cost of shipping outside the United States to selected countries. If a buyer is unable to process a sale due to location, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All questions regarding shipping or returns should be addressed to: email@example.com